Friday, December 28, 2012

Silver & Red Wedding Invitations

I have completed my wedding invitations and they have been sent out, I already have a few RSVPs back.....super exxited!!! Of course being a bride who loves crafts, I made my invitations myself. We don't really have a theme for our wedding but we are using the colors red, white, a little black and a touch of silver so I of course wanted to use some of those colors for my invitations. I was at first going to go with a red paper but I found this really shimmery silver cardstock, thanks to one of my favorite stores, Papersource! All of the cardstock is pretty cheap for a pretty good amount (as I am writing this I have decided to make a whole post dedicated to Papersource since I really recommend it to brides...lol). Anyways, here is my finished product....

 I found the red scroll on some free wedding scrolls website, and of course I cannot remember which one it was...lol. I typed this up in Microsoft word. i was at first unsure of how to word the invitations but there are plenty of websites on the internet that can help you with that. When I first made these, I had a rhinestone attached to the end of the scroll but when I sent one through the mail (it is so very important to do a trial run) it poked a hole in the envelope, so I had to abandon that idea :(. 

We also decided to write in the # of people invited to hopefully prevent confusion in regards to who is actually invited. As we are on a budget, we cannot afford to have extra guests showing up to our wedding! It is really important to make it clear to folks from the beginning!!!

These are very simple and elegant and I am very impressed with my work. Some of our guests have already commented on how much they like the invitations.

No comments:

Post a Comment