Monday, January 21, 2013

DIY: Wedding Dress Hanger

I believe that I first stumbled upon one of these beautiful hangers on either etsy.com or weddingbee.com, either way, I had to have one!!! And of course, being the crafty person that I am, decided that I would be making it myself. I searched the internet for instruction and found them one weddingbee. While I am not a professional, I think that I did a pretty darn good job...lol. Here is my finished product!
To make this hanger you need 4 important materials; 
1. Hanger (duh!
2. Hot glue gun
3. 18 inch gauge wire
4. Wire cutter (which can also be used to shape some of the letters)
****Optional; flowers, rhinestones, ribbon (whatever else you want to use to decorate the hanger)
I used my fingers to shape the letters out of the wire. Always make sure to leave extra wire at both ends of the name that you are writing out. Once the letters were shaped, I poked 2 holes into the hanger with a very sharp nail, soooo much easier if you have a mini drill or something of that nature...lol. I filled the holes with hot glue and quickly stuck the access pieces of wire into those holes. I added the rhinestones but am unsure if I want to keep them there. I may find a pretty flower or something instead. I am again indecisive and will update if i do change the hanger :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment