Saturday, October 6, 2012

DIY: Bride & Groom Glasses (Take 1)

I was simply excited when I learned how to make personalized glasses via http://diy.weddingbee.com/! I could simply just but a bride and groom set of glasses but I decided on this, and it was probably cheaper this way. I purchased the paint at $1.97 each and a set of 4 glasses for $5.00 both at Wal-Mart. I really liked the wavy/swirly design and decided to use it on the glasses. Our colors are red & white so I obviously wanted to incorporate those colors into the glasses. This is my 1st take because they are not yet complete. I have to finish the bottom of the glasses and I may change our names (I am not too fond of the writing). This is a pretty simple DIY project and if you creative, this can definitely work for you!

Making the glasses are very simple. Purchase some glasses (in any size or type), glass paint and paint brushes. Design your glasses any way that you like. And after you have finished, you must stick them in the oven for about 20 minutes (so that when you wash them, the paint doesn't come off). After you do that, you are good to go! Like I said, this is Take 1. I will be posting a picture of the finished project!

Front view of the glasses

Back view of the glasses

A picture of the bottles of paint that I used, you can't miss them since they have the little glass icon at the top of the bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment