Friday, July 6, 2012

Why I'm Blogging

So I am getting married on February 23, 2013 which is a little more than 7 months away and you can of course tell that we are on a budget, hence the title of this blog! We've decided that we want to keep things pretty simple with a budget of about $7,000 max. We're having 150 guests at our wedding and that number includes ourselves and our wedding party too. We've been at this for months, trying to figure out how to cut costs while still having a wedding that is nice and elegant and I can say that I do believe it is possible. I just graduated college so I DO NOT have a ton of money to spend and honestly I was never one of those girls who envisioned every aspect of her wedding so putting ideas together now doesn't hurt me or make me feel like I am falling short of my "dream wedding". My 'dream wedding" consists of me marrying this young man that I've known for almost 8 years and to have our family members and friends share in the joyous occasion. And I think that this mission is going to make things all the more easier.

So my intentions with this blog is to share my ideas (and end results) of my wedding on a budget which I know will be awesome! Hopefully I can share with other brides some dos and don'ts when it comes to weddings on a budget and ways that you can make your dreams come true. But I must say that my #1 tip is not to lose sight of why this occasion is occurring. Your wedding is happening because you (hopefully) have found the right partner to walk through life with. In the end, it should be about uniting with that individual and beginning a new life together. This is something that I will try my hardest to abide by through out this process.

No comments:

Post a Comment