Monday, December 10, 2012

DIY: Hot Chocolate Cone Favor

So, I did say before that I would be using these for my wedding favors. And they actually turned out much better than I expected. This really is an awesome idea especially for our winter wedding and as I said before, you can switch the hot cocoa off for a tea. So here is my tutorial!!!

Supplies:
  • Wilton Decorating Bags (3 boxes for 150 favors)
  • Mini Marshmallows (# bags is up to you)
  • Clear rubber bands (300 for 150 favors) 
  • Hot Cocoa Mix
  • Scissors

Optional*
  • Ribbon (I used red) or Twine
  • Crushed Candy Cane (you can put whatever else you want inside, I used this because it's red & white)
  • A cute label and/or tag





Tutorial:
1. Each favor requires you to use 2 bags. Fill one bag with your choice on the amount of mixture and seal it with a rubber band. The other bag will contain the hot cocoa bag and all of the other ingredients (marshmallows and peppermint, etc.). 

2. Place the hot chocolate bag into the second bag (I already placed the label on the outside bag but you can of course do it your way.

3. Now you fill the rest of the bag with your ingredients (marshmallows and candy, etc) and place another rubber band on this bag as well.

4. Lastly, add you beautiful ribbon and there you have it, an awesome wedding favor!!!!

***Our labels read "A&T....The Perfect Mix....2.23.12". I made them myself, purchased some round labels from papersource and created them on microsoft word.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, that’s amazing. I am in love with the idea. Actually I am getting married soon at domestic San Francisco wedding venues and was just trying to find the best wedding favor ideas and you have helped me a lot with this inspiration. Will surely include it in the list.

    ReplyDelete